How to Become an Elevated Entrepreneur
You’ve dreamt of becoming a small business owner for years. Maybe, you’ve already started the journey. So how are you feeling about it? If you’re like many others, you may be disheartened or even burned out and disillusioned with the whole idea. That’s not a great feeling when you have a dream.
Believe me, I know how you feel.
I dreamt of being an entrepreneur for as long as I could remember. With my first two businesses I started out excited and energized, but that quickly moved from belief to burnout to bust. Why? Because I allowed those businesses to run my life.
Here’s what I thought would make me successful:
- I need to spend all my time and energy building a successful business.
- The harder I work, the more successful I will be.
- I must sacrifice all the things that bring me joy, but once my business is successful I can enjoy life again.
- It’s okay to let my business bleed into my personal life; it’s what I’m supposed to do.
- I need to say yes to all potential clients, whether they’re a good fit or not.
Sheesh, even writing that list right now sets off my stress response, and acting on that mindset was the worst feeling. Sometimes, I can’t even believe that I didn’t see it for what it truly was: a recipe for disaster.
Instead, it took me two failed businesses to come to the awareness that allowing my business to run my life would lead to burnout and bust.
Here’s what I came to realize for myself and others as I changed my belief system:
- Being strategic, intuitive, and fulfilled in all areas of life is the definition of success. Working hard is not.
- The ultimate goal is to find joy in everything you do; being in harmony breeds success.
- Doing more depletes and disconnects you from your true authentic self. You become like a hamster on a treadmill and lack the discernment necessary to achieve what you really want in life.
So, what would happen if you flipped the script and took a more holistic approach to building a business? What if you focused on what you really want for your life and then structured your business around that? What if you built a business that only you were uniquely qualified to do? One that comes from your heart and soul’s purpose? One that brings you energy and excitement rather than depletion?
What if the business was structured so you did not sacrifice any part of what brings you joy? Imagine gaining clients and employees that energize rather than deplete. Imagine launching and growing a business with ease, direction, harmony, joy, fun, and clarity. Imagine letting go of striving, worry, pressure, and confusion. Imagine a business that is razor-sharp focused on the right activities, people, and life balance.
This, my friend, is becoming an Elevated Entrepreneur. When you reach the place of building a thriving business with joy, ease, and harmony, you will be fulfilled as a person, resonating out into the world to make it a better place.